Monday, January 5, 2009

Christmas Abroad!

Where I was...
Where I wished I was...

Hm...Chrismas abroad. What is there to really say? It was pretty awful. It was my first christmas away from my family, and the first christmas I would have spent with someone I love (romantically, that is). So of course it was hard. It doesn't help that you guys all got a beautiful white christmas (which I heard got annoying after awhile, but still!). I couldn't help romanticizing the snow, the more I heard about it.
I spent christmas eve doing some retail therapy with my new friends, Alicia and Juan (two of the best people i've met traveling so far...canadians of course!). I found this dress at H &M that i've been looking for for probably a month and a half, at every H & M in every city I go to. I finally found it in the color I wanted and in the size I wanted, so that definitely gave me a little christmas cheer. Lisbon was beautiful, and bustling with people all making their last minute purchases...it got me in a bit of a christmas-y mood, which was nice. That night we played christmas carols and a group of us watched Rudolph the Red nosed Reindeer on my laptop (I had downloaded it). It was pretty fun, but I was just trying to get christmas out of my head. I couldn't help thinking about all the things I was missing about home. So I proceeded to get wasted (of course!). Merry Christmas to all and to all a good drunk!

No comments: