Monday, January 5, 2009

How I spent my Christmas:

My Christmas Eve

Hopefully this isn't as impossible to read as it seems while i'm posting it. This is a comic I did of what happened my new years ever. I was really, really drunk. The ending cracks me up, because I DID dance the robot to "video kill the radio star" in Lisbon on Christmas eve, and I DID overhear someone from the hostel criticizing my dancing, and when I heard that, I got so drunkenly pissed off. I can't even explain the rage I felt...like, who are YOU? I'm a GOOD dancer. Hahaha...The hilarious thing is: Hey. I know i'm an awful dancer. Especially when I'm drunk, I don't mind making a fool out of myself, and I don't care what I look like. I just let the music move me, and I know most of the time it turns out looking really goofy. I've come to accept it. I just think it's funny that I was so offended by it when I heard the girl say it when I was drunk. Like I wouldn't know that my dancing is freaky? C'mon people!
So after sleeping off my hangover the next day then doing my "job"...oh wait. I haven't talked about my responsibilities at the hostel yet. Ok, here goes. I get free accomodation which is 20 euros a night, pretty much equivelent to around 25-30 US dollars. In exchange, I made their beds. I made around 5 beds a day. You do the math to see about how much money I was making per bed. And it only took me about a half an hour to make them on average. Ahhhh... bliss.
So I made the beds then because it was christmas, I had a "special" responsibility that day. I had to baste the second turkey for the christmas dinner our hostel was giving. So me and Alicia went to the other annex of the hostel, basted the turkey every 20 minutes for about 4 hours, and watched "Children of Men" and "Sin City". Two of my favorite movies. We then got free dinner from the hostel: The best turkey i've ever tasted, mashed potatoes, amazing green beans and apple crisp for dessert. It was fabulous. If only I could forget that it was Christmas!!! It would have been a wonderful day! No, just kidding...the day was actually really nice except for the fact that when I finally got to skype my family, the internet connection was so slow the video was a joke, and I couldn't even hear what they were saying. That got me in a really really bad mood. But I hope everyone else's christmas was lovely...I missed everyone...not just my family. I missed you, and you...yes! And even you! I love you all!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

we love you too!!